CHRISTMAS IS fast approaching so now is the time to start buying presents. Rugby World is here to help with these gift ideas – and you can raise money for charity at the same time as getting stuck into your Christmas shopping.
Give as you Live allows you to raise money for your favourite cause while shopping online – but at no cost to you. Instead, when you buy anything from the thousands of retailers that have signed up for the scheme a percentage of what you’ve spent will be donated to charity.
You can register at giveasyoulive.com and nominate your own charity, so the more you spend this festive season the more you’ll be helping your chosen cause.
Here are a few gift ideas for the rugby fans in your life – or perhaps you’ll want to treat yourself!
1. Make sure they never miss kick-off with this rugby-themed alarm clock.
Rugby Touch Electronic Alarm Clock, £6.39 from Dino Direct, raises 16p for your charity.
2. Ensure the rugby player in your life carries his post-match smellies in style with this black Canterbury wash bag.
CCC Club Rugby Wash Bag, £9.99 from Lovell Rugby, raises 25p for your charity.
3. A great family present – take a tour of the home of English rugby, Twickenham. Have a look round the dressing rooms and visit the World Rugby Museum, which charts the rise of the game.
Family Tour of Twickenham Stadium, £45 from Virgin Experience Days, raises £3.25 for your charity.
4. Perfect for the next Christmas party, these cufflinks are the perfect accessory to display a love of the game while suited and booted.
Rugby Cufflinks, £20 from notonthehighstreet.com, raises 50p for your charity.
5. For those who like to glug a big beefy red, this wine stopper will stop your Shiraz going stale.
Rugby Ball Wine Bottle Stopper, £16.50 from Whisk Hampers, raises 83p for your charity.
6. Drop a goal and win the game like the pros with this official England match ball.
Gilbert England Rugby Match Ball, £89.99 from Kitbag, raises £2.25 for your charity.
7. A photo can be turned into a personalised rugby caricature of a player as he strides down the pitch.
Personalised Rugby Caricature, £39.99 from thegiftexperience.co.uk, raises £2 for your charity.
8. Live, breathe and now sleep rugby with this England rugby duvet set. Perfect for the unattached rugby fan, it fits a single bed – so there won’t be much opportunity for scrumming under the covers!
England Rugby Duvet Set, £12 from SportsDirect.com, raises 30p for your charity.
9. Keep warm in the stands even when the wind’s blowing with this Ireland windbreaker.
IRFU Windbreaker, £243 from Eden Park, raises £9.72 for your charity.
10. Great for pulling on post-training or simply when the temperatures start to fall, this navy blue hoodie is part of Canterbury’s official range for Scotland.
Scotland Rugby Hoodie, £45 from Lovell Rugby, raises £1.12 for your charity.
11. The shirt every Welsh fan needs, especially to support the 2012 Grand Slam winners as they gear up for the defence of their Six Nations title.
Wales Authentic Home Shirt, £84.99 from Kitbag, raises £2.12 for your charity.
12. The 2013 tour to Australia is going to be huge and these Golden Lion boxers allow fans to look theirr finest, even in their smalls.
Lions Boxer Shorts, £25 from Thomas Pink, raises 75p for your charity.
HAPPY CHRISTMAS SHOPPING!
Like Rugby World? Subscribe to the magazine for the latest comprehensive content.