Ulster back-rower Chris Henry has been named captain of the Ireland Wolfhounds team which will take on Scotland A this Friday 28 January at Netherdale.
The team, coached by Eric Elwood and Anthony Foley, also features Tomás O’Leary at scrum-half and Tony Buckley at tighthead, who will attempt to impress Declan Kidney enough to get promoted to the Ireland team for their Six Nations opener against Italy a week later.
Devin Toner, who played for Ireland in the autumn, starts in the second row alongside Munster’s Ian Nagle – a late addition to the squad due to injuries to Dan Tuohy and Donncha Ryan.
Full team to face Scotland A:
15. Gavin Duffy (Galwegians – Connacht)
14. Johne Murphy (Young Munster – Munster)
13. Eoin O’Malley (Old Belvedere – Leinster)
12. Nevin Spence (Ballynahinch – Ulster)
11. Denis Hurley (Cork Constitution – Munster)
10. Ian Humphreys (Ballymena – Ulster)
9. Tomás O’Leary (Dolphin – Munster)
1. Brett Wilkinson (Galwegians – Connacht)
2. Damien Varley (Garryowen – Munster)
3. Tony Buckley (Shannon – Munster)
4. Ian Nagle (Cork Constitution – Munster)
5. Devin Toner (Lansdowne – Leinster)
6. Kevin McLaughlin (St. Mary’s College – Leinster)
7. Willie Faloon (Ballynahinch – Ulster)
8. Chris Henry (Ballymena – Ulster) Captain
16. Nigel Brady (Dungannon – Ulster)
17. Jamie Hagan (Corinthians – Connacht)
18. Andrew Browne (Galwegians – Connacht)
19. Dominic Ryan (Lansdowne – Leinster)
20. Isaac Boss (Terenure College – Leinster)
21. Niall O’Connor (Belfast Harlequins – Ulster)
22. Ian Whitten (Ballynahinch – Ulster)
There are no comments yet, add one below.