Here's your chance to test your rugby knowledge
IF YOU missed this quiz in the January edition of Rugby World, why not test your knowledge of the game now. It’s out of 100, with a point for each correct answer unless otherwise stated. So get those brain cells going and see how many you can get right!
A. CLASS OF 2014
1. Which five players were nominated for World Rugby’s Player of the Year award? (5)
2. Who dropped two goals in the 2014 RBS 6 Nations?
3. Name the two try-scorers in England Women’s World Cup final win over Canada. (2)
4. Jonny and Richie Gray (below) were the first brothers to both score tries in a Test for Scotland since who? (2)
5. What was the score when Ireland beat New Zealand at the Women’s World Cup? (2)
6. Which home nations player was listed as ‘unattached’ for the autumn Internationals?
7. Who was the top point-scorer in the 2014 Rugby Championship?
8. Name the Wallabies’ two coaches in 2014. (2)
9. Why did Aaron Cruden miss a flight to Argentina in September?
10. Who did Jérôme Garcès send off in the 2014 Six Nations after reviewing the big screen?
11. Who was the only person nominated for both a World Rugby (IRB) Player and Try of the Year Award in 2014?
B. PICK & MIX
1. Why was Dave Attwood’s selection for the New Zealand game in November in doubt?
2. Who became a world champion and had a No 1 hit single in 2014?
3. What’s the IRB’s new name?
4. What links Stuart Lancaster and Blackadder’s Rowan Atkinson?
5. What was the name of Thom Evans’s partner on Strictly Come Dancing?
6. Which two Wales players got married on the same day in July 2014? (2)
7. Which Hollywood star owns Sam Burgess’s old club, South Sydney Rabbitohs?
8. Which Welshman had a Twitter spat with One Direction’s Niall Horan?
9. Which active serviceman made his England debut in November?
10. Which current All Black got rejected on Tinder for being too short?
C. BODY PARTS
Can you identify the eight players from these close-ups? Two points for each correct answer.
D. RWC RECAP
1. Who scored the first try at both the 1987 and 1991 Rugby World Cups?
2. Which two countries has ex-All Black John Kirwan coached at a RWC? (2)
3. Who was the top point-scorer at RWC 1991?
4. Marc Ellis holds the record for the most tries in a RWC game. How many did he score?
5. What is the only ground to have staged two RWC finals?
6. Who was the only man to play every minute of England’s 2007 World Cup campaign?
7. What’s the biggest winning margin in a RWC game and which teams played in it? (3)
8. Name the four players to play at fly-half for New Zealand at RWC 2011. (4)
E. BADGER’S BLANKS
Fill in the missing word in these classic Nick Cummins quotes. Three points for each.
1. “My old man woke me up in the morning. He was going off like a bag of —-.”
2. “We were all sizzle and no —-, now we’re off like a bride’s nightie.”
3. “The boys were on it like —- at a tip.”
4. “You’re as tough as —- lips.”
5. “We were going off like a raw —-.”
F. CLUB TOGETHER
1. Who scored the winning try for Northampton in the Aviva Premiership final?
2. What club scored the most tries in last season’s Pro12 (regular season)?
3. What club ended Clermont Auvergne’s unbeaten home run?
4. Which city have Wasps moved to?
5. Why did Bryan Habana have to apologise after the last Heineken Cup final?
6. What was the aggregate score of the 2014 Greene King IPA Championship final? (2)
7. Which Saracen captained England U20 to victory in the Junior World Championship final?
8. Who kicked the last-minute penalty in Waratahs’ Super Rugby final win over Crusaders?
9. What clubs do the following play for: a) Gareth Anscombe b) Johnnie Beattie c) Ben Te’o d) John Afoa (4)
G. GUESS WHO
Name the players (and coach) pictured below. Two points per correct answer.
Want to know how you’ve done? For all the answers, click here.