FREE Six Nations magazine with new issue of Rugby World
Kick-start 2020 with the new issue of Rugby World magazine, which not only features an in-depth look at the future of the sport but includes a 32-page Six Nations supplement.
The start of a new decade is the perfect time to cast our eyes into the future and assess what could happen to rugby in the coming years, so we’ve themed the February 2020 edition around this topic, looking at areas like Tests, TV and tech as well as the community game.
Here are ten reasons to pick up a copy of Rugby World’s new issue…
FREE Six Nations magazine
This bonus mini mag features six men set to star in this year’s championship – England wing Anthony Watson, new France coach Fabien Galthié, Ireland lock James Ryan, Italy full-back Matteo Minozzi, Scotland flyer Darcy Graham and Wales fly-half Dan Biggar. It’s sure to whet your appetite for what should be a hugely exciting Six Nations in 2020
The future of rugby
Rugby World looks at the big issues facing the sport going forward and the changes that lie ahead. From players to Test rugby, the women’s game to broadcasting, we take a deep-dive into the future
My life in pictures… South Africa‘s Francois Louw
The World Cup proved a triumphant Test swansong for Bath’s captain, who discusses standout moments from his career
The powerful Exeter hooker explains why he feels he’s starting to belong on the England stage
Can altering rugby’s laws improve the game and make it more exciting to watch? We put eight proposals to two experts and got their verdict. Plus, we look at innovations in technology that could change rugby
20 stars of the future
Get to know the next generation of players from around the globe set to dazzle on the world stage
The Glasgow and Scotland scrum-half talks work-ons, Wimbledon and Danny Wilson
Rugby World’s columnist lays out what he’d like to see happen to the game over the next decade. Will it be wishful thinking or fortune telling?
Is professionalism to blame for falling participation numbers at amateur level? In an extract from a new book, Unholy Union, the myriad issues are assessed
Welcome to my club… Ampthill
Rugby World’s roving reporter Alan Dymock is back on the road and for this issue headed to Bedfordshire to meet Ampthill – a side maintaining a community club feel in the pro game
PLUS, THERE’S ALL THIS…
- Downtime with Scotland prop Gordon Reid
- Pro Insight: Emily Scarratt on how to regain at restarts
- Highlanders and Japan attack coach Tony Brown talks tactics
- Club Hero Jack Carty of Connacht
- Rising Stars Detysha Harper and Taine Basham
- Face-off: Should there be fewer substitutions?
- Sean Holley analyses Northampton’s attacking style under Chris Boyd
- Scotland Women’s lock Emma Wassell
- What it’s like to… Leave Benin to play pro rugby
- Geoff Parling on the benefits of heading south to play Super Rugby
- A Rugby Rant on the Women’s Six Nations schedule
- Inside the mind of… Harlequins fly-half Marcus Smith
- Our Team of the Month and local club news from across the country
- Brad Mooar, the Scarlets coach who will soon be part of the All Blacks set-up
- Blitzboks star Selvyn Davids on taking his opportunity
The February 2020 issue of Rugby World magazine is on sale from 31 December to 27 January.
Follow Rugby World on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.