Rugby World January 2021 edition contents
The new issue of Rugby World magazine comes with a FREE 2021 calendar that celebrates British & Irish Lions tours to South Africa.
The magazine itself – the January 2021 edition – recognises rugby’s real heroes. From World Cup winners to community champions, we highlight inspiring stories from around the world that encapsulate the spirit of the game.
If you can’t get to the shops to buy a copy, you can now order single issues online and get the magazine delivered direct to your door – click here and select Rugby World’s Jan-21 issue.
Here are 15 reasons to buy Rugby World magazine’s January 2021 edition…
1. FREE 2021 calendar
Get ready for the British & Irish Lions tour to South Africa with memorable images from previous trips. Plus, there are all the key rugby dates for 2021
2. Rugby’s Real Heroes
Rugby World shines a spotlight on the incredible work being done around the world with seven inspiring stories, from players helping with disaster relief in Lebanon to school meal deliveries in Richmond
3. World Cup winner Rachael Burford
The Harlequins and England centre is a driving force in the women’s game and hopes to inspire the next generation of players with the Girls Rugby Club
4. South Africa captain Siya Kolisi
The World Cup winner is now tackling pivotal off-field issues, like gender-based violence
5. The Biggest Unsung Hero
“For every bark of an underdog, we have him to thank.” RW columnist Stephen Jones pays tribute to a man who is not a familiar face but who has had a huge impact on the global game. Discover who in the latest issue!
6. How rugby is taking on the mafia
Find out about a Sicilian team, Briganti, that is helping to save children from the grips of organised crime
7. Rugby’s Covid heroes
Ireland flanker Claire Molloy has been on the Covid frontline as she juggles her oval-ball career with her life as an A&E doctor while Italy back-row Maxime Mbanda has helped out with patient transport during the pandemic. Both players speak to Rugby World about their experiences
8. Top Ten Heroic Feats
Former England fly-half Stuart Barnes reflects on impressive acts – on and off the field – in rugby’s history, from memorable comebacks to political stands
9. England prop Will Stuart
The Bath tighthead talks to RW’s Alan Pearey about rowing, playing the flute and Idi Amin
10. Anton Lienert-Brown exclusive interview
“I try my best to be vulnerable.” The All Blacks centre tells RW’s Alan Dymock about the work he has put in to feel comfortable at the highest level
11. Double winners Exeter Chiefs
Get an insight into head coach Ali Hepher’s role in Exeter’s success story with an extract from new book Exe Men and learn how to pick and go like the Chiefs with tips from Sean Holley in The Analyst
12. Scotland wing Duhan van der Merwe
The Edinburgh back dispels rumours and describes his unusual route to Scotland honours
13. Jason Leonard’s Life in Pictures
The England stalwart and current British & Irish Lions chairman takes a stroll down memory lane
14. Wales scrum-half Gareth Davies
The Scarlets No 9 on pranks, dogs and unwise purchases
15. European Champions Cup
We explain the new format and look ahead to the opening rounds while former Test hooker Benjamin Kayser assesses the chances of the French clubs
Plus, there’s all this…
- Bristol defence coach Omar Mouneimne talks efficient communication
- Nutrition advice on supporting your immune system
- Australian Sevens veteran Sharni Williams
- The Secret Player on the rise of rugby podcasts
- Inside the mind of… referee Andrew Brace
- Grass-roots club news and our latest Team of the Month
- Club hero… Wasps head of medical services Ali James
- A rugby rant on the lack of plaudits for props
- Simon Raiwalui on the state of play in Fijian rugby
- Where should World Rugby’s next big push be? A debate
- Rising Stars Louis Lynagh and Craig Casey
- The Secret Referee on kidology
The January 2021 issue of Rugby World magazine is on sale from 1 December 2020 to 4 January 2021.
Recommended videos for you
Can’t get to the shops? You can download the digital edition of Rugby World straight to your tablet or subscribe to the print edition to get the magazine delivered to your door.
Follow Rugby World on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.