The new edition of Rugby World magazine reflects on a Lions tour like no other
Rugby World’s Ultimate Lions Review
The new issue of Rugby World magazine reflects on all the happenings of a Lions tour like no other and includes a match-by-match review. Plus, we look back at the Olympics as well as look ahead to the Rugby Championship and Paralympics.
If you can’t get to the shops to buy a copy, you can now order single issues online and get the magazine delivered direct to your door – click here and select Rugby World’s September 21 issue.
Ten reasons to get Rugby World’s Ultimate Lions Review
1. The Ultimate Lions Review
We reflect on a tour like no other and assess how South Africa added a Lions series win to their 2019 World Cup title.
Plus, there is an in-depth, match-by-match review, with every try, kick and card covered, as well as behind-the-scenes photos.
2. Neil Jenkins’s Life in Pictures
The kicking guru who has been on six Lions tours as a player and coach (and one as a fan!) looks back on his career to date.
3. Robbie Henshaw Exclusive
The Leinster, Ireland and Lions centre is not one to sing his own praises but he shone in defeat in South Africa. Tom English talks to him.
4. Touring in Covid Times
RW columnist Stephen Jones, who was part of the travelling media party in South Africa, provides an insight into what it’s like to follow the Lions during a pandemic.
5. Fiji’s Olympic Triumph
The Flying Fijians explain the challenges they faced in making it back-to-back gold medals at the Games and we look at the Black Ferns Sevens triumph in the women’s event.
Plus, Rob Vickerman calls for sevens to be given a greater profile in the world game, arguing that “sevens can’t just be an Olympic sport we watch every four years”.
6. The Rugby Championship
Get to know a star from each of the teams…
- Why All Blacks fly-half Richie Mo’unga is causing such a stir
- Argentina powerhouse Marcos Kremer talks heartbreak and highlights
- How Springboks lock Lood de Jager has overcome injury setbacks
- Wallaby prop James Slipper discusses the biggest mistake of his life
7. Elliot Daly Interview
A spell in midfield has reinvigorated the Lion. He talks about positional versatility, backing his instincts and challenging for titles with Saracens.
8. The Paralympics
Kylie Grimes, one of the few women involved in international wheelchair rugby, looks ahead to Team GB’s challenge in Tokyo.
9. Downtime with… Max Lahiff
The Bristol Bears prop talks polystyrene, pasta and playing the jester.
10. Rugby World Cup 2023
USA head coach Gary Gold looks ahead to the Eagles’ crucial World Cup qualifiers against Canada in September and assesses where his team are at.
Plus, there’s all this…
- High ball tips from England full-back Freddie Steward
- The Secret Player discussing player initiations
- Inside the Mind of… Harlequins No 8 Alex Dombrandt
- A debate on national eligibility
- Rising Stars Ben Thomas and Chidera Obonna
- Referee JP Doyle on the growing criticism of officials
- Why Huw Bennett was a busy man on the Lions tour
- Advice on making the most of pre-season
Rugby World magazine’s September 2021 issue is on sale from 13 August to 6 September 2021.
Download the digital edition of Rugby World straight to your tablet or subscribe to the print edition to get the magazine delivered to your door.
Follow Rugby World on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.